"Talent is nothing without the opportunity"
In order to promote and raise the standard and profile of Junior Golf, Shirley Golf Club will commit to…
• Promote junior golf within the golf club
• Provide a recognized junior section
• Provide a welcoming environment
• Adopt EGU/ELGA Child Protection Guidelines
• Provide access to a junior coaching system
• Maintain accurate records for each junior member
• Provide regular junior competitions
• Minimise the constraints regarding times of play
• Provide the opportunity to play with our best players
Juniors will commit to...
• Attend basic teaching/coaching sessions
• Adhere to club rules on and off the course
• Participate in a minimum of 3 Club Competitions per year
• Read and follow the guidelines in R & A Golf Rules in brief
• Help to promote Junior Golf at Shirley Golf Club
• Play with other Juniors in the Club
• Getting a recognised CONGU handicap
• Caddie for our better players in 1 or 2 competitions
For the past few years Shirley Golf Club has been a pioneer in bringing young people into the wonderful & exciting world of junior golf!
We have excellent practice facilities for juniors of all standards to come and learn under the quality teaching skills of our acclaimed resident professional Stuart Bottrill & his PGA qualified coaching staff.
As a junior section we have around 60 members ranging from the ages of 10 -18 years old hopefully enjoying the benefits of our junior committees’ enthusiastic guidance through their development as part of our active golf calendar.