Away Scores Proceedure
How to Submit an Away Score at Shirley Golf Club
Members are required under the CONGU regulations to report back to their HOME CLUB any away Qualifying Scores, these are:
“a member must report all qualifying scores, including ‘No-Returns’ returned away from the Home Club advising of the:
- CSS (Competition Standard Scratch)
- Gross score.
- Scorecards MUST be returned for any Stableford/Nett Double Bogey Adjustment that may be applicable
There are a number of ways these scores can be received by the Club, members should ask the away club how scores will be communicated back to the Home Club:
- INTERNET/CDH:Scores are received automatically via the internet and the EGU CDH (Central Database of Handicaps), this means that scores are received and input through the Club2000 handicapping software management system. Member should ALWAYS ask if playing in another match to have their handicap checked via the handicap Chairman (contact details listed below)
[Please note a play MUST cut his/her self prior to another round if a reduction in handicap is applicable, again if in doubt contact the Handicap Committee]
- MANUAL LETTER: Letters from the organising Club are received into the office and are processed by the Handicap Chairman. Member should note that this could take some weeks to be received and therefore should check and submit a score.
- MEMBER POST A SCORE: A member may also post an away score via the Professional Shop, a book is held by the Pro-shop and members may post a score manually using the book. A member should if possible supply a card from the round (this can be a duplicate) and MUST provide the following information:
- Name of the Club.
- Date Played.
- Course Par.
- Course SSS.
- Competition CSS on the day, (please note as an away player CSS generally is greater than a home player)
- Gross Score or Stableford score.
- Date submitted in the book.
If in doubt please contact the Handicap Chairman on: